Luc Courtois is a Partner in the Investment Funds Practice Group. He has over twenty-five years of experience in the Luxembourg legal market with a particular focus on setting up UCITS and other regulated and unregulated investment vehicles, including real estate, debt, private equity, and hedge funds. In addition to advising on AIFMD requirements, he assists management companies with obtaining their respective licenses and the development of their activities in Luxembourg and abroad. He also advises banking groups on the restructuring of their management companies in Luxembourg.
Before joining KLEYR GRASSO, Luc headed the Investment Funds practice of an international law firm, and before that, he was a founding partner of a renowned independent Luxembourg law firm.
He obtained his law degree from the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) in 1993. He holds a Master of Laws from Georgetown University Law Center (1995). Luc has been admitted to the Luxembourg Bar in 1994.
- LLM at the Georgetown University Law Center (USA), 1995
- Master in Law at the Université Catholique of Louvain (Belgium), 1993
- Education in Public and International Affairs (Affaires Publiques Internationales) at Université Catholique of Louvain (Belgium),1993
French, English, Italian
Luxembourg Bar, admitted in 1994
Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)
Institut de Formation Bancaire Luxembourg (IFBL) – Lecturer in investment fund law
International Bar Association (IBA)
Lecturer in various investment funds and management companies
- Revamped CSSF outsourcing guidance for the financial sector, Agefi Luxembourg – May 2022
- Retailisation: the latest trend in the fund industry, Paperjam – Dec. 2021
- Sustainable Investing as a Driver of Change, Paperjam – March 2020